In order to ensure your CCTV system functions reliably it is important to ensure it is routinely inspected. The tests we carry out can be done whilst the equipment is still fully operational and therefore surveillance continues uninterrupted.
The service agreement includes a minimum of one visit per year and will be carried out by our trained service engineers who will provide the written record of regular maintenance which is often a legal requirement of commercial building insurance.
The below check-list maintenance requirement is carried out in addition to any routine call outs, it helps all maintenance calls run smoothly.
Our engineers follow this check-list upon carrying out CCTV maintenance;
- Once the camera is properly cleaned, the engineer is required to monitor all automated and remote control functions and that all camera movement, as well as the area of the premises they view, are not obstructed.
- Check that all cables are properly mounted, or supported by the correct conduit, and that the insulating plastic is showing no sign of wear and tear.
- Check that all indicator lights and pre-sets are functioning correctly.
- Verify that all warning labels and notifications are present and clearly visible. This also applies to a full connection check of all components in the CCTV circuits.
- Check that all fixtures and fittings that ensure that the CCTV itself is properly supported are in place. This examination should include looking for signs of physical damage and any form of chemical corrosion. Any damage should be repaired as soon as possible. Many business owners check that such repair work is possible within the terms of their maintenance contract.
- The engineer is also required to check any log books or computer held data pertaining to the CCTV system and advise on any necessary updates relating to such data.
If you would like more information on CCTV maintenance or would like to book a free survey please call our sales team on 01773 764 726 or complete the enquiry form.