The ability to remotely monitor premises that have CCTV installed to identify fire and security risks is not new. This concept involves a third-party provider monitoring for triggered signals from intruder alarms, sensors, and cameras. These signals go to an Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) which notifies operatives that an incident has occurred and an appropriate response is put into action.
However, advances in mobile phone apps and other technologies now mean the performance and benefits that can be delivered from using remote monitoring solutions are far more wide-ranging.
A system called CLSS from Honeywell is proving to be particularly beneficial when it comes to the early identification of problems and maintenance of fire alarm systems.
What is CLSS?
CLSS from Honeywell – stands for Connected Life Safety Services, and is an innovative, all-in-one cloud platform that enables systems integrators like Tecserv UK, system owners and in-house facilities managers to pre-empt and solve problems more quickly, be more confident about compliance, and operate efficient and effective systems.
By harnessing the power of data CLSS delivers the connectivity and intelligence needed for secure, compliant and more efficient fire system management.
CLSS connects every system in multiple buildings or locations, and each panel and device to deliver real-time data on its performance which can be accessed via a range of desktop and mobile devices. This delivers a more efficient, safer and compliant fire alarm system management so that you have confidence that your system is performing at its best.
What are the key benefits of CLSS?
- Deep insight into maintenance portfolio. Knowledge of device age, health and status enables more efficient maintenance planning as well as real-time monitoring of system events such as fire/fault and disablements.
- Enables engineers to understand their next site visit before they arrive. Detailed system status and site information can be viewed, increasing first-time fix rates and maintenance performance.
- Key panel functionality to the palm of your hand. Technicians can disable outputs, activate sounders, reset the panel, activate LEDs to confirm location, and even update device labels using their mobile phone.
- Device condition reports. Available at the touch of a button to assist end-user with life cycle costs.
- Remote consolidated view of your systems. Provides insight into the progress of maintenance activities against plan with access to regulatory and non-regulatory reports at the touch of a button+.
- Quickly generate compliance reports. Following inspection or maintenance visits reports can be generated shared and stored in the cloud for audit purposes.
- Accurate forecasting of life cycle costs of fire system service and maintenance By enabling predictive maintenance, site managers can spot and fix issues early, before they result in unforecasted operational costs.
- Peace of mind that systems are compliant. Fast access to incontrovertible proof of compliance with mandated inspection and maintenance requirements, with a full audit trail stored securely in the cloud.
- Real-time operational information. Enabling site managers to react quickly to incidents and take appropriate measures. Cross-site connectivity.
- A holistic view of all your facilities to ensure sites are operating effectively and meeting compliance requirements. Real-time details of significant events such as fire, faults/troubles and disablements. Insight into scheduled system testing, inspection reports and inventory of devices.
- Protected with extensive built-in cybersecurity provisions. Honeywell is committed to proactively monitoring the cybersecurity landscape, ensuring data is safely stored and securely accessible to permitted system users.
With CLSS not only will your facility be safer and compliant, but as your service provider, Tecserv UK will be able to work more effectively, require less of your time and less disruption to production schedules.
CLSS is only available through accredited systems integrators like Tecserv UK. If you would like more information please get in touch.